Annual Activity ReportThe Intergraf Annual Activity Report is available now! Published every June, our Activity Report provides an overview of Intergraf's work over the past year.
For information about the work and activities of Intergraf, look no further than our Activity Report. The Activity Report presents information about our EU policy and advocacy work (competitiveness, environment, packaging and social affairs), as well as campaigns we are involved in (Two Sides and Keep Me Posted EU), communications and publications we distribute, events we organise for the sector and support we offer to niche sectors. The report also shares information about how Intergraf is governed, as well as providing some key comments and quotes from Intergraf’s President, staff and members.
Primary contact: Alison Grace
Annual Economic Report
Stay informed of the latest graphic industry economic trends with the Intergraf Economic Report. Download the order form (below) and get your report today - we're waiting for your order!
Our Economic report ‘The Evolution of the European Graphic Industry’ provides statistical information for the European Union (EU28), as well as Norway and Switzerland.
It provides an overview of available data on the European graphic industry (e.g. turnover, number of employees and companies, production values, trade), as well as highlights about the economic development of sectors which are relevant to the printing industry (ink, paper, publishing, books, press, energy and postal markets). It shows historical developments and comparisons between countries.
Official consolidated statistics made available by Eurostat are the main source of information. The report also features a contribution from our partner Smithers Pira’s ‘European print market review’, which includes a 4-year forecast. Information on current trends in selected European countries is provided by Intergraf’s member federations.
The report is available FREE OF CHARGE exclusively for printing companies belonging to one of Intergraf’s member federations.
Prices and order form
Member Companies: Electronic copy free of charge ORDER FORM FOR MEMBERS
Non-Member Companies: Hard copy & postage €290+VAT; Electronic copy €390+VAT ORDER FORM FOR NON-MEMBERS
The 2018 Intergraf Economic Report: The Evolution of the European Graphic Industry provides extensive economic information on the European graphic industry, as well as other key markets, including ink, paper, publishing, book, press, postal and energy markets. It also provides historical developments and comparisons between countries.
The latest available figures featured in the report indicate that the graphic industry in the 28 European countries comprises more than 113,000 companies and employs some 620,000 people. The turnover in the graphic industry is about 80 billion euros. The number of employees per company is low, with 95% of European graphic companies employing fewer than 20 employees.
Production costs and labour costs have increased in the past years and remain a challenge for the European graphic industry, as do imports of printed products from low-cost countries.
There are positive trends for the graphic industry in Europe with a stabilising turnover, a continuous positive trade balance and increasing signs of recovery in the book printing market.
This information and more is all featured in the Intergraf Economic Report, alongside a contribution from partner research institute Smithers Pira. Smithers Pira provides an overview of the market, including the development of print products, printing processes, printing equipment and European industry forecasts until 2022.
The 2018 Intergraf Economic Report: The Evolution of the European Graphic Industry is available in a printed (290€+VAT) or electronic (390€+VAT) format and can be ordered using the attached order form or from the Intergraf website.*
*The report is available free of charge exclusively for printing companies belonging to one of Intergraf’s member federations.
Primary contact: Laetitia Reynaud
The printing industry in Europe necessarily relies on other sectors in order to function. The print value chain is made up of the providers of raw materials (e.g. paper and ink), machinery suppliers, content providers (e.g. publishers, graphic designers and other businesses) and various other service providers. Intergraf works closely with the trade associations representing these industries in order to ensure our work takes into account the specificities of and developments in the full print value chain.
Work With Us
Conference & Exhibition Assistant - Internship
Job title: Conference & Exhibition Assistant
Reports to: Event Coordinator
Intergraf is looking for an intern to provide administrative and logistical support to its event project team for SecurityPrinters, Banknotes+Identity, to be held in Copenhagen, Denmark from 23 to 25 October 2019. The position is available from 1 August 2019 for a period of 3 months.
Reporting to the Event Coordinator, the selected candidate will be part of a small but international team, will be involved in all activities related to the event, and will join the team in Copenhagen for one week in October 2019.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A university graduate
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience with databases
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn how to use new tools
- A proactive, well-organised team player with great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and think outside the box
- Previous experience in events
- French language skills
- Additional software (MS Access, FileMaker)
ABOUT THE POSITION
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process delegates’ registrations, invoicing and follow-up
- Update the database
- Respond to telephone and email queries
- Assist with preparing printed materials
- Print, sort and file participants’ badges
- Assist with collecting and processing exhibitors’ orders
- Research and source information as requested
- Assist with event logistics
- Provide onsite support in Copenhagen
- Assist with other duties on request
WHAT WE OFFER
A full-time, 3-month internship remunerated according to Belgian law and the opportunity to learn about event management in a multi-cultural environment.
Communications Assistant - Internship
Job title: Communications Assistant
Reports to: Secretary General
Intergraf is the trade association representing the European printing industry, with 21 national printing federation members from 20 countries. The association’s main task is to promote and protect the interests of the printing industry by working with the European Institutions and related organisations.
We are recruiting a Communications Assistant for a 6-month paid internship. We offer an exciting role in a small, international team with plenty of opportunities to develop your skills. This position is full-time, starting in late June or early July 2019. The working language is English.
The main purpose of this position is to support excellent communication with members, press and other stakeholders. The drafting, designing, production and distribution of all kinds of publications – including promotional materials for events – in order to ensure that all stakeholders are well-informed is an important part of this role.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of managing websites using a CMS (preferably Joomla and/or WordPress)
- Experience using desktop publishing software (preferably InDesign)
- Very strong written and verbal English skills, ability to explain sometimes complex technical issues in simple language
- Organised and able to meet deadlines, with good administrative skills
- Self-driven and able to work autonomously
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- Educated to degree level (for instance in Communications or European Affairs)
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience in communications
- A basic understanding of the EU
ABOUT THE POSITION
Information & Communication:
Liaising with the Secretary General, Policy Adviser and Membership & Information Officer for actions relating to Intergraf information and communication, including:
- Collecting information for the Newsflash and News in Brief (Intergraf’s newsletters)
- Liaising with the team for input to other Intergraf publications
- Writing news releases, the monthly newsletter, and other written communications pieces directed to internal and external target audiences for print and online media
- Managing and maintaining Intergraf’s website (and related organisations’ websites) and extranet
- Collecting information and liaising with external contributors, as well as members
- Supervising the production of brochures, handouts and leaflets, and arranging for distribution
- Ensuring up-to-date contacts are maintained
- Monitoring/analyses of media coverage and media relations
- Updating LinkedIn and other social media
- Liaising with the Secretary General, Policy Adviser and Membership & Information Officer for actions relating to Intergraf events, including:
- Drafting and sending communications materials (invitation emails; agendas; programmes)
- Designing promotional items for events (email footers; web banners; roll-up banners; event booklets).
- Supervising the production of communications materials
- Liaising with the Secretary General, Policy Adviser and Membership & Information Officer for actions relating to general support, including:
- Ensuring regular contacts with and support to member federations (phone; email; meetings)
- Performing ad-hoc tasks such as correspondence, translation, proofreading, minute writing and other admin
To apply, please send a cover letter stating how you fit to the job profile, accompanied by your CV.
We regret that due to the large number of applications we expect to receive; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
#INDUSTRY4EUROPE's 'For an Ambitious EU Industrial Strategy: Going Further'
Public consultation launched on EU Timber Regulation